Wall Street Journal recently published a series of articles about the job powerhouse in Texas. From those articles, here are the top reasons why Texas has done so well at creating jobs:
- Texas has no state income tax
- Its regulatory conditions are contained and flexible
- It is fiscally responsible and government is small
- Its right-to-work law doesn’t impose unions on businesses or employees
- It is open to global trade and competition: Houston, San Antonio and El Paso are entrepôts for commerce, especially in the wake of the North American Free Trade Agreement
- Texas’s ongoing reform of the tort system
Read more about how to be a job powerhouse like Texas here.