Realty Austin is looking for a Graphic Design Intern for the Spring 2013 Semester. This is a part-time position that could turn into a full-time job with salary plus benefits if it’s a right fit. If you or someone you know is interested in working with a fun team recently nominated as the #1 Workplace in Austin, please fill out our contact page.
Spring 2013 Graphic Design Internship
Realty Austin is looking for a Spring 2013 Graphic Design Intern to work closely with the Marketing Team. Start date is Monday, January 14th. Realty Austin is expanding our in-house Marketing Team and we are currently looking for a Graphic Design Intern with experience in print advertising and online graphic design. This internship is a terrific opportunity for the right candidate. The ideal candidate demonstrates strong skills in both print and web design, as well as the drive to seek opportunities to make the most of their internship experience. The Graphic Design Intern has a direct role in creating promotional material for Realty Austin and our agents. Interns also help with many events that are hosted by Realty Austin. Our Interns are given real projects with unique challenges that allow you to gain new skills and experience valuable in the marketplace. Interns work closely with the Marketing Director and Marketing Coordinator who will not only provide professional guidance, feedback and mentorship, but will encourage feedback from you regarding their own work.
Apply today to learn about how to use online advertising tools like Google Adwords, market listings in email newsletters designed in Dreamweaver, and maintain social media accounts using tools like Hootsuite.
As a member of the Realty Austin Marketing Team, our interns collaborate with the Marketing Coordinator and Marketing Director to:
- Create print and web designs for promotional material including Brochures, Flyers, Ads, and HTML Email Templates
- Maintain brand standards for marketing pieces for Realty Austin agents
- Produce creative, quality work with tight deadlines
- Research and present creative alternatives for existing trouble areas (on the website and in print)
- Must have working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Good understanding of Advertising best practices
- Experience using social media management tools
- Some working knowledge of HTML using Dreamweaver
- Event planning experience is a plus, but not required
- Candidate must be a junior or senior
- Must be able to commit at least 10-15 hours/week on location working out of one of our offices in Westlake or Downtown Austin
- Advertising, Marketing, Business, or Communications focus is a plus, but not required
About Realty Austin Internships
Realty Austin Internships offer amazing opportunities for students to learn more about real estate, graphic design, content strategy, marketing, and branding through a hands-on experience. Our interns play an important role in making design decisions and providing valuable ideas for our team’s direction. Be a part of the success of Austin’s #1 Home Search Site and #1 Best Place to Work in Austin – use the contact form to apply for a Realty Austin Internship today!
**This is an unpaid internship with the potential to turn into a paid position Summer 2013 if it’s a good fit. Course Credit is available.
***Deadline to apply is December 15th, 2013.