Update – Realty Austin’s agents, staff, and community members came together to donate over $12,000 to the 2020 Foundation Communities Back to School Drive, surpassing their original donation goal of $10,000. These generous offerings accounted for 12% of the funds raised for the Foundation Communities Back-to-School drive, ensuring a successful 2020-2021 school year for the 1000+ children they serve in their after-school program.
Here is how the funds were put to work:
- 340 families received $20,500 for back-to-school supplies and backpacks.
- 250 families received $15,000 for back-to-school clothes and shoes.
- 174 children received their own laptop, Chromebook, or tablet to access at-home learning.
- 119 families received additional technology accessories to make at-home learning more comfortable including headsets, printers, keyboards, and mice.
- 12 WIFI hotspots were added to Foundation Communities with one year of service paid.
- 335 essential kits with general supplies will be available for children when they return to in-person after school learning with Foundation Communities.
- All 14 Learning Centers (including pre-k and teen programs)received startup funds to help set their programs up for success this year, including stocking up on healthy snacks.
Since 2013, Realty Austin, in partnership with Foundation Communities, has joined forces to host one of the largest Back to School Supply Drives in Austin. Our staff, agents, and community members have generously donated over 820 backpacks and thousands of back to school supplies for students and classrooms in need.
Pick a gift amount that’s right for you!
$10 – A week of healthy snacks for 1 student
$50 – School supplies for 1 student for classroom learning
$100 – Learning Center supplies for 1 student for at-home learning
$275 – Chromebook for 1 student lacking at-home technology
Now, more than ever, we need help setting these students up for success by providing them with the necessary technology and supplies for a virtual learning environment! Donate today and help us reach our goal of $10,000 via the Virtual Back to School Drive. Your generous donations will be used to help over 1,000 children prepare for their new and different school year.