Change is the only constant… especially in Austin! With one glance at the cranes peppering the Austin skyline, one can see first-hand all of the changes happening in Austin. Recently ABJ Editor Colin Pope highlighted 97 ways downtown Austin is changing. At Realty Austin we agree with Pope that the best is yet to come!
Realty Austin’s Top 10 Favorite Changes Happening in Austin
- Seaholm Power Plant and Intake Building turning into Austin’s Central Public Library and open public space
- Bike Share program to setup shop in downtown Austin
- Dell Medical School opens a location at The University of Texas at Austin
- X Games move to Austin
- Waller Creek redevelopment turns into a walkable public space
- Urban Rail Service expands its stops
- Formula 1 United States Grand Prix and Fan Fest both return to Austin in a big way
- Improvements to many Austin parks including Auditorium Shores lakeside renovation and expansion of Violet Crown Trail
- ABIA expansion and addition of more international flights
- New restaurants coming soon to Austin incuding Goodall’s, Dolce Neve, Noble Sandwiches, and Odd Duck
- Austin Named the Most Aspirational City in the Nation
- Austin Holds Onto Nation’s Top Rank for Best Economy
- The Future Direction of Public Transportation in Austin – Where is it going?