Each year Florida-based Policom Corp. produces a report that analyzes local and state economies in US. Of 366 metropolitan areas with strong economies, Austin ranked fifth, significantly jumping from its 39th ranking in 2008.
The study, which takes into consideration of over twenty different economic factors, is taken over a 20-year period. Because of Austin’s rate, consistency and stability of both growth and job creation, it was able to grab a Top 5 spot, preceded by Washington DC in first place, as well as Des Moines, Seattle and Nashville.
Top 10 Strongest Metro Areas by Policom
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA
- Des Moines-West Des Moines, IA
- Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA
- Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro-Franklin, TN
- Austin-Round Rock-San Marcos, TX
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Madison, WI
- Kansas City, MO-KS
- Sioux Falls, SD
- San Antonio-New Braunfels, TX
Click here to read more about the Nation’s Strongest Economies.
- More Money-Producing Events Making Their Way to Austin
- Realty Austin Finalist for Inman Award
- Austin Best Housing Market for 20 Years